“The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said.”
– Peter Drucker
An overused word with underused results. Effective communication is a key factor of success in every situation. Results in professional and personal life are dependent on three vital ingredients of Communication – Understanding, Trust and Co-operation.
Understanding – is the Problem and Promise of Communication. Communication is effective only if it is properly understood. So, the emphasis in the workshop is on Understanding: Understanding the Self, Understanding Others, Understanding Situations and then, consciously working to create better Understanding leading to trust and co-operation.
- Understanding the importance of communication
- Methods to learn and improve verbal and non-verbal communication
- Application of communication skills in every situation
- Ways of changing every situation positively with the help of communication skills
- Communication: The Process of Creating Understanding and Trust.
- The Barriers and Bridges to Effective Communication
- Reinforcing Self-worth and Competence in face-to-face Communication
- Developing Observation for Non Verbal Communication
- Skills of face-to-face Communication
- Understanding Communication – An Inventory
- Assessing participants Communication Skills
- Factors that create impact in face-to-face communication
- Communication Styles Assessment
- Listening: The Risks and the Rewards
- Problems of Poor Listening
- Active Listening: Scope, Everyday Uses and Skills
- Assessing Listening Styles
- Developing Empathy in Communication
- Asking Questions for gaining ‘Yes’ responses
- Receiving and Giving Feedbacks
- Impact of Feedback on Performance
- Developing Assertiveness in face-to-face Communication
- Saying ‘No’ whenever necessary, without affecting the relationship
- The Process of Communication in Managing Conflict
Methodology: Assessment Questionnaires, Role Plays, Games, Exercises, Group Activities, Discussions, Video Recording and Feedbacks.
Duration: 1 Day