Conflict can exist without disputes, but dispute cannot exist without conflicts
Conflicts are a part of work, family and social life. Conflicts can have a devastating effect — on productivity, morale, and teamwork and, ultimately, your organization’s bottom line. This program does not promise an end to conflict. That’s impossible. But it will give you a proven approach you can easily use whenever a conflict does arise – and resolve the conflict.
Benefits of the workshop:
- More insight in the causes and prevention of conflicts
- Get prepared to face and manage conflict
- What is Conflict
- Hidden messages about conflict
- Sources of Conflict
- Outcomes of Conflict – destructive and constructive
- Assumptions of Conflict.
- Perceptions about others in conflict situations.
- The conflict cycle
- Being assertive in the face of conflict
- Listening Skills when facing conflict
- Listening for the other person’s point of view
- Becoming aware of Red Flags that escalate conflict
- Why people avoid resolving conflict
- Evaluating conflict resolution skills.
- Questioning techniques and how they affect a conflict situation.
- The five classical conflict management styles.
- Using Direct Communication in resolving conflict.
- Skills that make a difference in resolving conflict.
- Reframing negative statements into positive ones to resolve conflict.
Methodology: Lectures, Audio Visual Presentations, Questionnaires, Group Activities and Games.
Duration: 2 days – Corporate People Skills Training.