An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail.
– Edwin Land
Every act of improvement is the indicator of creativity
In today’s highly competitive world market, only those people who adopt innovation as a way of life can be expected to occupy a prominent position in the years to come. This means that Engineers, Managers and anyone else who solves scores of problems daily, must adopt methods of solving problems that yield tangible results. This course is designed with that objective in mind.
What the participants will learn:
- Understand the process of problem solving
- Analyze their current problem solving and thinking styles
- Identify and overcome blocks to finding good solutions
- Apply and integrate thinking tools, techniques and strategies for finding solutions
- Evaluate, select and Implement the best available solution effectively
- Create an action plan guide for solving future problems
- Enhance skills of effective problem solving
- Assessing Current Problem Solving Skills
- Identifying the four Thinking Styles
- The Brain Preference test.
- Removing Blocks and Barriers to finding the best Solution
- Role of the Organizational Environment in Problem Solving
- Six Stages of the Problem Solving Cycle
- Tools of Problem Selection, Definition and Analysis
- Thinking Skills and Tools for Generating Potential Solutions -Tools of Solution Evaluation and Implementation.
- Brainstorming, Fish bone analysis, Force Field Diagrams, Mind Maps, Checklists, Lateral Thinking, Creativity, Left-Brain and Right Brain Techniques.
- Action Plan for Solution Implementation.
Methodology: Assessment instruments and questionnaires group activities, application techniques, management games, brainstorming workshop and discussions.
Duration: 1 day