“You can change only what people know, not what they do.”― Scott Adams
Management in all business and organizational activities is the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively. If organization is a system then management is the fuel that runs this system. This view opens the opportunity to ‘manage’ oneself, a prerequisite to attempting to manage others.
Management is a purposive activity. It is something that directs group efforts towards the attainment of certain pre – determined goals. It is the process of working with and through others to effectively achieve the goals of the organization, by efficiently using limited resources in the changing world. Of course, these goals may vary from one enterprise to another. E.g.: For one enterprise it may be launching of new products by conducting market surveys and for other it may be profit maximization by minimizing cost.
Management involves creating an internal environment: – It is the management which puts into use the various factors of process and production. Therefore, it is the responsibility of management to create such conditions which are conducive to maximum efforts so that people are able to perform their task efficiently and effectively
How You Will Benefit
- Ensure long-term business results by effectively developing your people
- Align motivation with work and personal goals
- Instill a culture based on trust and partnership
- Increase dialogue and constructive feedback
- Understand the importance of transformational coaching and mentoring as a tool for partnering with your team
- Build leadership on the solid foundation of Integrity and Trust.
- Competencies and Skills needed by the modern manager.
- Developing and communicating an inspiring vision of your work and life.
- How Self-actualized are you?
- Assessing participants Management Skills.
- Partnering with people: Your on the job relationships.
- How do you coach, develop and empower your subordinates
- Do you trust your subordinates?
- Using advanced feedback methods to enhance the performance of others.
- Nurturing and mentoring the talent under you.
- How happy are you in your current job: the seven dimensions
- Team Building Skills
- The cornerstones of Leadership: Integrity and Trust
- Enhancing the characteristics you value most as a Leader.
Methodology: Lectures, Audio Visual Presentations, Questionnaires, Group Activities and Games.
Duration: 1 Day